Saturday, June 28, 2008

Link to flood photos

I volunteered my time this past week with the American Red Cross, Mission of Hope and Meals On Wheels assisting flood victims and the needy. It was one of the most meaningful experiences of my life.Photo by K.S. Gollnick, taken at Sam's Club, Blairs Ferry Rd., Cedar Rapids (June 24, 2008).

Then I decided to gather my flood photos online, at least to share the shocking scenes of high water and post-flood damage with friends and family who do not live here. (I hope to add shots of people, the victims and volunteers, soon.)

Okay, so then I spent waaaay too much time putting this together. I posted over 100 photos of Cedar Rapids as well as the University of Iowa buildings where I invested the past two years of my life completing degrees in journalism and English. So please browse my flood site and let me know what you think by posting a comment here at my blog.

Also, flood-related inspirational quotes appear on my home page. Pray for the thousands of families who have been displaced and for the organizers and volunteers who are working on the front lines.

No comments: